As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic Dr. Brown sees patients safely in his Silver Spring Maryland office for a limited number of days per week and via Telemedicine. Please note...because of the limited number of reservation slots each is extremely valuable. There is a $75 NO SHOW fee and a $75 LATE CANCELLATION fee where cancellations are made less than 24 hours as it doesn't allow an opportunity to offer the precious reservation time to another patient in need.
If your insurance has a deductible and you have not met it for the year a payment will have to be made before the appointment can be scheduled.
In order to ensure your safety, we are taking all possible measures to minimize any unnecessary physical contact and potential transmission of the virus.; therefore, we are requiring that ALL of the following items below are completed BEFORE visiting the office:
1. Face masks are MANDATORY to enter the building and the office.
2. Upon your arrival, your temperature will be taken and you will be asked a series of questions including whether you are experiencing coughing, shortness of breath, recent change in taste or smell, recent onset of extreme fatigue and whether you have been in contact with someone positive for COVID-19.
Once cleared, you will then be escorted directly to the exam room as all paperwork and payment would have been completed in advance.
PLEASE USE THE BATHROOM BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME OR ON THE FIRST FLOOR IN THE BUILDING BEFORE COMING TO THE OFFICE. The first floor bathroom code is 4368.
TELEMEDICINE: Telemedicine is NOT ideal for all medical evaluations. An office visit will be necessary when the expected treatment response is not realized, touching an area is required or when a procedure is needed. In order to receive telemedicine services all items below need to be completed. After speaking with our staff, the doctor will determine whether telemedicine is appropriate for your condition.
* Until otherwise notified, according to professional guidance ONLY patients residing in the DMV, Pennsylvania, Delaware, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky and North Carolina are eligible for telemedicine appointments.
* If interested in a Telehealth visit and using insurance, please check with your carrier first for any limitations regarding Telemedicine with this practice to avoid billing surprises. We do not participate with all insurances. Telemedicine is the safer way to receive medical care at this time.
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT: (ALL Steps below MUST be completed in order to have a confirmed in-office or telemedicine appointment. Failure to complete any steps will delay your ability to be scheduled.
(All of the following documents should be sent to our HIPAA-compliant email: email@example.com which is encrypted for your privacy- Please include your full name and date of birth at the top of each email)
1. For all visits please email a clear CURRENT full-face photo of the patient
2. For telemedicine visits 3 photos of the areas of concern need to be submitted as Dr Brown examines the photos before, during and after the session. IF THE PHOTOS ARE NOT CLEAR TO YOU THEY WILL NOT BE CLEAR TO THE DERMATOLOGIST.
* In sensitive areas simply cut a hole in a white paper towel so the dermatologist can see the area of concern and private areas are covered.
* For difficult areas, turn OFF the flash on your camera and take a picture of the reflection in the mirror. Please clean the lens before taking photos to provide the best picture.
3. All identification documents (Returning patients included): insurance card (front and back), Photo-ID/Driver's License/Passport,and Referral from your doctor if required by your insurance)-and send to our HIPAA compliant email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. ALL copays and prior balances must be made via credit or debit card before your appointment is confirmed. You will be contacted by our billing staff to collect payment over the phone and a receipt will be emailed to you. Payments in the office are discouraged to minimize person to person contact and keep social distancing.
5. Established and new patients can update or complete their billing/registration information by visiting www.leonbrownmd.com, and downloading a registration form under the PATIENT INFO tab at the top of the opening page then complete and fax or email back to us as an attachment to our HIPAA compliant email email@example.com.
6. After submitting ALL information please call the office @301-270-5400. Incomplete completion of forms will delay your ability to make an appointment. Your appointment is NOT confirmed until steps 1-5 are completed.
We understand that this pandemic has been very stressful for everyone. While our procedures may seem tedious initially, we are following state laws required for all physician offices and employing the safest strategy possible to provide you with the best dermatologic evaluation and treatment possible while keeping you and your family safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Your health and safety is our highest priority.
We look forward to seeing you.
Please stay safe