Our office now offers telemedicine! Telemedicine is NOT ideal for all medical evaluations. In order to receive telemedicine services we will need...
1. A full face photo of the patient
2. CLEAR photos of the areas of concern. If the photos are not clear to you they will not be clear to the Dermatologist. In sensitive areas simply cut a hole in a white paper towel so the dermatologist can see the area of concern and other private areas are covered
3. All necessary identification documents (insurance card front and back, photo id, referral) and information sent to our HIPPA compliant email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Payment must be made via credit or debit card before the telemedicine visit with the Dermatologist is scheduled
5. Established and new patients can update or complete their billing/registration information by visiting Leonbrownmd.com, and downloading a registration form under the PATIENT INFO tab at the top of the opening page then complete and email back to us as an attachment to our HIPPA compliant email: email@example.com.
6. After submitting ALL information please call the office @301-270-5400. Incomplete completion of forms will delay your ability to make an appointment.
7. Until otherwise notified, according to professional guidance all patients seen via telemedicine should be physically located in the DMV, Pennsylvania, Delaware, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky and North Carolina.
This procedure may seem a little cumbersome initially, but it is certainly the safer strategy to receive a dermatologic evaluation during the COVID 19 pandemic.
An office visit will be necessary when the expected treatment response is not realized, touching of an area is required or when a procedure is needed.
Feel free to email us regarding any scheduling or general questions!