As result of the COVID-19 pandemic Dr. Brown safely see patients in his Takoma Park Maryland 20912 office for a limited number of days per week and via Telemedicine. Please note...because of the limited number of reservation slots each is extremely valuable. The initial appointment is $300 and the return visit is $200. If we participate in your insurance we abide by their guidelines. There is a $100 NO SHOW fee and a $100 LATE CANCELLATION fee where cancellations are made less than 24 hours as it doesn't allow an opportunity to offer your precious reservation time to another patient in need.
If your insurance has a deductible and you have not met it for the year a payment will have to be made before the appointment can be scheduled.
In order to ensure your safety, we are taking all possible measures to minimize any unnecessary physical contact and potential transmission of the virus.; therefore, we are requiring that ALL of the following items below are completed BEFORE visiting the office:
1. Face masks are MANDATORY to enter the building and the office.
2. Upon your arrival, your temperature will be taken and you will be asked a series of questions including whether you are experiencing coughing, shortness of breath, recent change in taste or smell, recent onset of extreme fatigue and whether you have been in contact with someone positive for COVID-19.
* Once cleared, you will then be escorted directly to the exam room as all paperwork and payment would have been completed in advance.
PLEASE USE THE BATHROOM BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME OR ON THE FIRST FLOOR IN THE BUILDING BEFORE COMING TO THE OFFICE. The first floor bathroom code is 4368.
TELEMEDICINE: Telemedicine is NOT ideal for all medical evaluations. An office visit will be necessary when the expected treatment response is not realized, touching an area is required or when a procedure is needed. In order to receive telemedicine services all items below need to be completed. After speaking with our staff, the doctor will determine whether telemedicine is appropriate for your condition.
* Until otherwise notified, according to professional guidance ONLY patients residing in the DMV, Pennsylvania, Delaware, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky and North Carolina are eligible for telemedicine appointments.
* If interested in a Telehealth visit and using insurance, please check with your carrier first for any limitations regarding Telemedicine with this practice to avoid billing surprises. We do not participate with all insurances. Telemedicine is the safer way to receive medical care at this time.
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT: (ALL Steps below MUST be completed in order to have a confirmed in-office or telemedicine appointment. Failure to complete any steps will delay your ability to be scheduled.
(All of the following documents should be sent to our email: email@example.com. Please include your full name and date of birth at the top of each email)
1.PLEASE UPDATE OR COMPLETE YOUR PATIENT INFORMATION BY VISITING www.Leonbrownmd.com, AND VIEWING UNDER THE "PATIENT INFO" TAB ON THE OPENING PAGE THE "New Patient Info Sheet". BY DOWNLOADING AND COMPLETING THE FORM OR PROVIDING IN AN EMAIL ALL OF THE INFORMATION NEEDED FOR THE STAFF TO COMPLETE YOUR ELECTRONIC CHART YOU WILL ABLE TO SEE DR. BROWN. IF THIS INFORMATION IS NOT RECEIVED YOU WILL NOT BE READY TO SEE DR BROWN.
2. For ALL visits please email a clear CURRENT full-face photo of the patient
3. For Telemedicine sessions at least 3 photos of the areas of concern or areas where a refilled medication will be applied need to be submitted as Dr. Brown examines the photos before, during, and after the session. IF THE PHOTOS ARE NOT CLEAR TO YOU THEY WILL NOT BE CLEAR TO THE DERMATOLOGIST.
* In sensitive areas simply cut a hole in a white paper towel so the dermatologist can see the area of concern and private areas are covered.
* For difficult areas, turn OFF the flash on your camera and take a picture of the reflection in the mirror. Please clean the lens before taking photos to provide the best picture.
4. Please email all documents (Returning patients included): insurance card (front and back), Photo-ID/Driver's License/Passport, and Referral from your doctor if required by your insurance)-and send to our email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. ALL visit payments and prior balances must be made via credit or debit card before your appointment is confirmed. You will be contacted by our billing staff to collect payment over the phone and a receipt will be emailed to you. Payments in the office are discouraged to minimize person to person cont
6. After submitting ALL information please call the office @301-270-5400. Incomplete completion of forms will delay your ability to make an appointment. Your appointment is NOT confirmed until steps 1-5 is completed.
7. PLEASE UPDATE OR COMPLETE YOUR PATIENT INFORMATION BY VISITING www.Leonbrownmd.com, AND VIEWING UNDER THE "PATIENT INFO" TAB ON THE OPENING PAGE THE "New Patient Info Sheet". BY DOWNLOADING AND COMPLETING THE FORM OR PROVIDING IN AN EMAIL ALL OF THE INFORMATION NEEDED FOR THE STAFF TO COMPLETE YOUR ELECTRONIC CHART YOU WILL ABLE TO SEE DR. BROWN. IF THIS INFORMATION IS NOT RECEIVED YOU WILL NOT BE READY TO SEE DR BROWN.
We understand that this pandemic has been very stressful for everyone. While our procedures may seem tedious initially, we are following state laws required for all physician offices, and employing the safest strategy possible to provide you with the best dermatologic evaluation and treatment possible while keeping you and your family safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Your health and safety are our highest priorities.
Please stay safe, strong, centered, and sane!
Dr. Leon Brown & Staff